Penultimate race is held on the BRTC race track, the club where SCT started din Belgium some years ago. It’s the last outdoor event of the year and despite a sunny start of the week-end, race day starts on a very wet track.
Race is started anyway and few brave drivers run the first qualifier, to find back very heavy cars at the end of it. As the time passes, the track dries out a bit and most drivers run the next qualifiers in order to be in the right final.
In Pro2 qualification, Julian André (Associated SC10) runs and sweeps all 3 qualification rounds. He’s followed by Tom Pierard (TLR 22SCT) with 2 second places. This is his best qualification position ever, great achievement for a driver who’s clearly improving this year. Nicolas Evens (TLR 22SCT) completes the top 3.
Pro2 A Main grid – Top 3
1. André Julian – Associated SC10
2. Pierard Tom – TLR 22SCT
3. Evens Nicolas – TLR 22SCT
Pro2 B Main grid – Top 3
1. Dupont Ronald – Associated SC10
2. Gandibleu Nicolas – TLR 22SCT
3. Biefnot Jean-Christophe – TLR 22SCT
Pro2 C Main grid – Top 3
1. Bastin Chrystel – TeamC TS2
2. Cumps Fabio – TLR 22SCT
3. Du Bois Martin – TLR 22SCT
In Pro4, mud tends to cause a lot of DNF with the trucks overheating. In the end, Christophe Leurquin (Tekno 410SCT) gets his first TQ ever. Second place goes to Jean-Christophe Biefnot (TLR Ten-SCTE), also his best result ever. Global ranking leader Thierry Matthieu (Tekno 410SCT) completes the top 3.
Pro4 A Main grid – Top 3
1. Christophe Leurquin – TeknoRC SCT410
2 Jean-Christophe Biefnot – Losi Ten-SCTE
3. Mathieu Thierry – TeknoRC SCT410
First round of Pro2 A final sees Martin Vierin (Associated SC10) raise from his 4th starting position to take the win ahead of Nicolas Evens and Julian André. Julian takes the second round, followed by Tom Pierard and Philippe Hautecoeur, coming from 7th on the grid. Before the last round, Julian, Martin, Nicolas and Tom all have a chance at winning. Julian comes ahead of a tight battle with Nicolas, while Laurent Halluin (Associated SC10) completes the top 3 of this final round. Julian wins the race in front of Nicolas and Martin. In Pro2 B final, Edouard-Benoît Michez (Associated SC10), after experiencing technical issues in qualification, takes an easy win.
Pro2 A Main
1 André Julian – Associated SC10
2. Evens Nicolas – TLR 22SCT
3. Vierin Martin – Associated SC10
4. Pierard Tom – TLR 22SCT
5. Halluin Laurent – Associated SC10
Pro2 B Main
1. Michez Edouard-Benoît – Associated SC10
2. Halluin Emilie – Associated SC10
3. Gandibleu Nicolas – TLR 22SCT
Pro2 C Main
1. Du Bois Martin – TLR 22SCT
2. Catherine Jeremy – Associated SC10
3. Cumps Fabio – Associated SC10
In Pro4, Nicolas Evens wins the 2 last rounds from 6th on the grid and takes the overall win. Thierry Mathieu wins the firs round and ends up second overall, in front of pole sitter Christophe Leurquin.
Pro4 A Final
1. Evens Nicolas – Losi Ten-SCTE
2. Mathieu Thierry – TeknoRC SCT410
3. Leurquin Christophe – TeknoRC SCT410
4. De Keersmaecker Philip – TeknoRC SCT410
5. Biefnot Jean-Christophe – Losi Ten-SCTE
With one race to go, both titles are decided: Thierry Mathieu (Pro4) and Nicolas Evens (Pro2) are our 2014 champs! .
1. Evens Nicolas – 598
2. André Julian – 594
3. Hautecoeur Philippe – 585
4. Gustin Philippe – 569
5. Michez Edouard-Benoît – 565
1. Mathieu Thierry – 602
2. Evens Nicolas – 597
3. Leurquin Christophe – 584
4. De Keersmaecker Philip – 583
5. Vandeuren Alain – 572
Race’s prize ceremony saw the usual draw where the sponsors gifts are offered to the racers. Seems it makes people happy :).
Thanks to all racers, see you in November in Charleroi!
RedRc race report