2015 season is off for a great start with a new record of entries for the first race at BRTC race track. Weather forecast has been pessimistic and unfortunately it materializes and the rain puts an early end to the event. The club as usual organises the event in a relaxed and fun atmosphere and makes the best out of the bad weather, succeeding to run all qualification series. Few drivers participates to the 3rd qualification round though and after that it becomes too dangerous for marshalls and safety prevails. Final ranking is therefore the qualification one.
In Pro2 qualification, Julian André (Associated SC10) sweeps first 2 qualification rounds. He’s followed by Nicolas Evens (TLR 22SCT) with 2 second places. Those 2 are the only one running 43 second laps, Julian being more consistent over the 6 minutes. Behind, 6 drivers are grouped in only 3 points, Philippe Hautecoeur (Associated SC10) ending up 3rd ahead of Nicolas Gandibleu (Associated SC10).
Pro2 A Main grid – Top 3
1. André Julian – Associated SC10
2. Evens Nicolas – TLR 22SCT
3. Philippe Hautecoeur – Associated SC10
Pro2 B Main grid – Top 3
1. Dupont Ronald – Associated SC10
2. Jurgen Allery – Traxxas Slash
3. Julien Trotin – Associated SC10
Pro2 C Main grid – Top 3
1. Jean-Christophe Biefnot – TLR 22SCT
2. Guy Pousset – Associated SC10
3. Michel Baudoux – Associated SC10
In Pro4, Nicolas Evens (TLR Ten-SCTE) wins the first 2 rounds, followed by Thierry Matthieu (Tekno 410SCT) with a second and a third places. Philip De Keersmaecker (Tekno 410SCT) completes the top 3 with a third and a fourth places. Christophe Leurquin (Tekno 410SCT) and Nicolas Gandibleu (TLR Ten-SCTE) both show great speed but are facing technical issues.
Pro4 A Main grid – Top 3
1. Evens Nicolas – TLR Ten-SCTE
2. Mathieu Thierry – TeknoRC SCT410
3. De Keersmaecker Philip – TeknoRC SCT410
Race’s prize ceremony saw the usual draw where the sponsors gifts are offered to the racers.
Thanks to all racers, see you in June in Merchtem!
RedRc race report